Property insurance by itself is designed to protect against physical damage to structures, contents (on and off premises), outdoor signs, fencing, landscaping and Others' property. It can be endorsed to add additional coverages but is rarely written as single line (monoline) coverage policy any more when insuring a business.
Liability Insurance covers five basic categories of business liability:
• Bodily Injury — physical harm to a person at your place of business, or an injury caused by your employee at a client's site.
• Completed Operations/Products Liability — losses which are caused by finished products your company has either manufactured, processed, packaged or distributed.
• Personal Injury — damage to the reputation or rights of a person or business due to slander, libel, copyright infringement, invasion or privacy, false arrest, wrongful eviction, etc.
• Advertising Injury — losses caused by your advertising (spoken or written); for example, an ad that trashes a competitor.
• Independent Contractors Liability Insurance — damage from the acts of an independent contractor hired by your business.
Medical Payments: Pays the medical expenses of a person injured on your premises (a customer, client, visitor, or even a trespasser) up to a stated amount, regardless of fault — as a goodwill gesture to prevent lawsuits.
Your Business Liability Insurance will pay three types of damages:
• Compensatory damages — financial losses of the claimant, plus additional monetary losses resulting from the claim.
• General damages — for intangible losses ("pain and suffering." "mental anguish," etc.)
• Punitive damages — penalties against your business for committing a wrongful act.
What Our Customers Are Saying
Vito Girardi, President - Gioia Cheese Company, Inc
"I want to thank the people at SmithConnen for their assistance in strengthening Gioia's food safety program. They reviewed our previous HACCP plan and after finding serious omissions and inaccuracies, presented management with a new, comprehensive, up to date and easy to understand HACCP plan that helps ensure Gioia Cheese Company's compliance with local, state, and federal food safety regulations."
"I welcome them as part of our team and look forward to an ongoing relationship as our company continues to grow, providing our customers with the highest quality products available."
Ray Broguiere, President - Broguiere's Farm Fresh Dairy
"We want you to know how pleased we are with the service you provided us. The upgrading of our HACCP program has been outstanding. We also appreciate you taking care of our Egg Nog formulation for us. Your company's knowledge and expertise in both the food and commercial insurance industry has been valuable to us."
"We are pleased to maintain a working relationship with you. It has been a great benefit to our company."
Maria de Lourdes "Lulu" Sobrino, Founder & CEO, Lulu's Dessert Corporation
"I want to thank SmithConnen for their invaluable assistance in helping our company improve its food safety program, production efficiency, and logistics planning. This unique multifaceted company, with its exceptional experience in food quality assurance, risk management and business insurance, has proven to be an important resource for Lulu's Dessert."
"Frank Smith and Rene Connen worked closely with us in looking at options for future production and growth plans that utilize our resources more effectively and identifies new ways to grow our brand; all while helping us maintain our high food quality and safety standards. Beyond the role of advisors or coaches, they've become a part of our team, working tirelessly to ensure our success."
"I highly recommend SmithConnen as a valued resource and partner. Their comprehensive approach to identifying and solving real or potential problems, plus their ability to educate and train our staff, has significantly improved Lulu's ability to raise the bar in virtually every aspect of its operations."